E. Bradley Easton
Research Excellence Chair in Electrochemical Energy Materials
Professor of Chemistry, Ontario Tech University
- materials chemistry
- fuel cells
- Lithium ion batteries
- breath alcohol sensors
- electrochromic films
- conductive metal oxides
- carbon surface chemistry
- hydrogen production
- May 2022: The Easton lab welcomes 4 new group members - Fanqi, Ali, Sanjana and Hira.
- May 2022: The Easton lab bids a fond farewell to Dr. Holly Fruehwald and wish her all the best as an NSERC PDF at Waterloo in Prof. Smith's lab.
- April 2022: Congrats to Rana Ahmad for sucessfully defending her MSc thesis. Best wishes at you new job at Trusscore!
- Sept. 2021: Congrats to Mason for sucessfully defending his MSc thesis. Good luck at you new job with Flex-Ion!
- June 2021: Congrats to Holly for being named the 2021 receipient of the ECS Canada Section Student Award.
- May 2021: Our work on using EIS to undertstand how the counter electrode influences electrochromic device stability was recently featured on the cover of ChemElectroChem. Great work Rana!
- April 2021: Our work with the Zenkina group on using electrochromic materials as energy storage devices was recently featured on the cover of ACS Applied Energy Materials. Great work Nadia!
- March 2021: Prof. Easton is named the 2020 Recipient of the Ontario Tech Award of Excellence in Graduate Supervision.
- January 2021: Our work on M-N3/C catalysts for oxygen reduction was featured on the cover of ChemElectroChem. Great work Holly!
- Sept. 2020: Our new XPS has arrived on campus.
- July 2020: The Easton lab welcomes Keenan Black-Aruajo as new MSc student.
- July 2020: Congrats to Keenan for winning an award for his outstanding talk at SOUSCC.
- December 2019: Our work on novel Ru@graphene oxide catalysts for water oxidation was featured on the cover of the Catalysis Science & Technology.
- October 2019: PhD student Holly Fruehwald wins first prize in the Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells & Electrolyzers poster competition at the 236th ECS Meeting in Atlanta.
- September 2019: Our work with the Zenkina group on mercury detection and removal was featured on the cover of the Journal of Materials Chemistry C.
- July 2019: The Easton lab welcomes Zixian Pan, a visiting student from Nanjing University (China).
- June 2019: The Easton lab welcomes Stefano Zago, a visiting PhD student from Politecnico di Torinio (Italy).
- May 2019: The Easton Lab now has its own Twitter account - @EastonLab
- April 2019: Prof. Easton is named the 2018 Ontario Tech Research Excellence Award winner in the Senior Researcher catagory
- March 2019: Our university is now known as Ontario Tech University.
- Accepting Graduate Students: I currently have openings for highly qualified graduate students starting January 2023 in the MSc. and PhD Materials Science programs (Materials Chemistry specialization). Stipends will be competitive with those offered at other Canadian Universities. Interested students are invited to contact me directly.
Brad's Twitter Feed