Faculty of Science
Tel. +1 905-721-8668 x firstname.lastname@example.org (public key)
2000 Simcoe Street North,
L1H 7K4 Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.|
Oshawa North campus, UA 4042.
My research is focused on the application of dynamical systems theory to
complex phenomena and high-dimensional chaos.
I am working on
- periodic and connecting orbits embedded in (LES of) turbulence
- sub critical transitions to turbulence
- nonlinear dynamics in physiological systems and homeostasis
- bifurcation theory
- several other weakly interacting projects.
The SIAM annual meeting in Toronto.
The Fields Workshop on Hydrodynamics of Living Matter.
Other hats I wear are
- Graduate Program Director of the Modelling and Computational Science program,
- specialist Editor for Computer Physics Communications,
In the 2020-2021 academic year I am teaching
- MITACS is funding the continuation of my joint project with Klick Health through the Accelerate program. Eric Ng (MCSC PhD student) and Mei-yu Chen (CS undergrad) have broken ground, while Jaycee Morgan Kaufman (currently at Waterloo) will join in September.
- Derick Smith (MCSC MSc) was awarded an OGS scholarship for 2020-2021. Congratulations!
- Andree Qi (currently at Waterloo) will join the lab in September to work on models of collective bacterial motion, co-supervised by Luciano Buono.
- Two summer projects are under way: Gabrielle Claus (physics student at Lawrence University, US) is studying simple invariant solutions in Kolmogorov flow and Rohit Singh (also physics undergrad, but at OnTechU) is studying bi-stable systems that generate "flickering noise".